Uploading Commentary via the Windows App
You can use the Windows app to upload commentary quickly. Below are the instructions for uploading the commentary.
- Double-click the CompetitionSuite icon on your desktop.
- Type in your email address and CompetitionSuite Password.
- Once all of the data has loaded, click on your organization’s logo on the left side of the screen. This will display the list of Events that you have permission to tabulate.
- Click on the event name that corresponds to the Event you will be tabulating.
- Click on the competition name you will be tabulating. This will load a screen with two options at the top
- Click on “Commentary”. The list of divisions, rounds, teams, and judges are now listed.
- Open the folder “CS – Download” which was created on your desktop. Each judge is listed in the folder.
- Connect the judge’s digital recorder to the computer.
- Open the folder that contains the judge’s media files.
- Copy the files from the recording device into the appropriate judge’s folder. The file names will fill into the CompetitionSuite software. DO NOT RENAME THE FILES!!
- Delete the files from the judge’s digital recorder.
- Disconnect the judge’s digital recorder.
- Repeat steps #8 through #13 until all of the digital recorders are empty.
- Click the play button next to a judge entry to ensure the file is correct. Click the red stop button to stop playing the media file.
- If the files are correct, continue to #16. If they are not correct, click “Browse” next to the incorrect files and select the correct file. Repeat until all the files are correct.
- Click “Finish & Upload” button in the bottom right corner. This will rename all of the files and put them in the “CS – Complete” folder on your desktop.
- Repeat steps #8 through #17 until the show is complete.
Merge Media Files
If 2 files need to be merged or combined:
- Click “Merge Files” in the bottom left corner. This will bring up a new window.
- Click “Browse” next to the first media file box.
- Find and select the first media file to combine.
- Click “Open”.
- Click “Browse” next to the second media file box.
- Find and select the second media file to combine.
- Click “Open”.
- Click “Merge” to combine the 2 files.
Split Media Files
If a file needs to be separated into 2 files:
- Click “Split File” in the bottom left corner. This will bring up a new window.
- Click “Browse” next to the box for the media file.
- Find and select the media file to split.
- Click “Open”. This will play the media file.
- Find the location in the file where it should be split by dragging the slider below the file name box.
- When the split location has been found, click “Split” to create 2 files.