Setting up a Schedule Template
Schedule templates allow you to create a schedule once and apply it to multiple events.
Creating a Schedule Template
- Click Manage Schedule Templates from the main menu under your organization.
- Click Create a Schedule Template.
- Provide a Name, Description, and Group Type for the template.
Name and Description can be changed later, but Group Type cannot be changed.
- Click Create to create a basic template. You'll be able to customize the template to fit your needs in the next section.
Modify the Schedule Template
To modify a template, click the name of the template you'd like to modify. This will take you to a page where you can edit the Name and Description. Click Save Changes to save the updated Name and/or Description.
Customizing the Schedule Template
Schedule Templates that have not been locked can be customized. Once a template is locked, it cannot be modified. You will need to create a new template if your existing template needs to be customized.
To customize a schedule template, click the name of the template you'd like to customize.
By default, the system adds 3 schedule items:
- Group Name (Name)
- Division Initials (Class)
- Performance Time (Perform)
Performance Time is required for all schedules, but the other items can be removed by clicking the X on the right side of the row.
There are 5 types of schedule items:
- Time Entry - Time Entry are times that can be adjusted based on interval time and/or static minutes
- Group Name - Group Name is the name of the group the schedule row corresponds with
- Division Name - Division Name is the name of the division the group is competing in
- Division Initials - Division Initials are the initials of the division the group is competing in
- Warm Up - Warm up is the name of the warm-up location configured per event
You can add new schedule entries to the template by clicking Add Schedule Item in the location you would like to add a schedule entry. An example customization would be to add a "transit time" to the schedule. To add a "transit time":
- Click Add Schedule Item above the Performance Timeline.
- Provide a name for the entry. In this case, we'll name it "Transit".
- Set the "Interval" to -1 (negative one). This will update the Example time to 8:51 (the example time uses an interval time of 9 minutes).
The interval is the number of intervals (configured per division) to add (or subtract) from the following schedule entry.
- Leave the "Minutes" at 0 because we will not add or subtract any minutes in addition to the interval time.
Minutes are static and will not change per division
- Repeat the process for each schedule entry you need (warm-up, check-in, etc.)
You can change the title of each row by clicking in the text box and changing the value.
Once you are happy with your changes, click the Save Changes button.
If you need assistance or have questions about setting up a Schedule Template. Please email email@example.com or contact us.