Setting up a Schedule Template
Schedule templates allow you to create a schedule once and apply it to multiple events.
Creating a Schedule Template
- Click Manage Schedule Templates from the main menu under your organization.
- Click Create a Schedule Template.
- Provide a Name, Description, and Group Type for the template.
Name and Description can be changed later, but Group Type cannot be changed.
- Click Create to create a basic template. You'll be able to customize the template to fit your needs in the next section.
Modify the Schedule Template
To modify a template, click the name of the template you'd like to modify. This will take you to a page where you can edit the Name and Description. Click Save Changes to save the updated Name and/or Description.
Customizing the Schedule Template
Schedule Templates that have not been locked can be customized. Once a template is locked, it cannot be modified. You will need to create a new template if your existing template needs to be customized.
To customize a schedule template, click the name of the template you'd like to customize.
By default, the system adds 3 schedule items:
- Group Name (Name)
- Division Initials (Class)
- Performance Time (Perform)
Performance Time is required for all schedules, but the other items can be removed by clicking the X on the right side of the row.
There are 5 types of schedule items:
- Time Entry - Time Entry are times that can be adjusted based on interval time and/or static minutes
- Group Name - Group Name is the name of the group the schedule row corresponds with
- Division Name - Division Name is the name of the division the group is competing in
- Division Initials - Division Initials are the initials of the division the group is competing in
- Warm Up - Warm up is the name of the warm-up location configured per event
You can add new schedule entries to the template by clicking Add Schedule Item in the location you would like to add a schedule entry. An example customization would be to add a "transit time" to the schedule. To add a "transit time":
- Click Add Schedule Item above the Performance Timeline.
- Provide a name for the entry. In this case, we'll name it "Transit".
- Set the "Interval" to -1 (negative one). This will update the Example time to 8:51 (the example time uses an interval time of 9 minutes).
The interval is the number of intervals (configured per division) to add (or subtract) from the following schedule entry.
- Leave the "Minutes" at 0 because we will not add or subtract any minutes in addition to the interval time.
Minutes are static and will not change per division
- Repeat the process for each schedule entry you need (warm-up, check-in, etc.)
You can change the title of each row by clicking in the text box and changing the value.
Once you are happy with your changes, click the Save Changes button.